Activity Feed

Monday, February 13, 2012

She Said...

Question:  HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE MOVING TOO FAST IN A RELATIONSHIP?


            You know that feeling you get when your eyes meet with someone else’s and it doesn’t waver? It’s like in the movies when everything is at a standstill, but you and that person and everything goes silent. That’s how it was when I saw Ron. I had noticed him when I walked in the restaurant, but then attended to my table as I was meeting some of my co-workers for drinks. But it was that one second where someone was talking at our table and I was listening but not really, and as I looked over my shoulder I saw him and our eyes locked. I smiled and he smiled and what a beautiful smile. One of those smiles where it should be on a commercial or Colgate paper ad.

            After it seemed like 30 minutes I turned my attention back to my company and joined the conversation. As I was chiming in I felt a tap on my shoulder. “Excuse me and sorry to interrupt your wonderful dinner, but have I met you before? As I tried to rack my brain I couldn’t think of knowing him from anywhere, but it didn’t matter because after seeing that smile I wanted to know him. “I’m sorry but I don’t recall seeing you or knowing you, but we live in a small place so we have probably crossed paths before”. Well, I don’t mean to bother you, but would like to buy you a drink when you get done with your friends?” “I would love to, I’m not sure how long we will be, but I sure would be up for that drink.”

            Three hours later and not noticing that bar stools were going up and waiters closing out their registers, Ron and I had become engulfed in our own world. We talked about living in the city, college roommates, and some more stuff. “Is there anything I don’t know about you Mr. Ron?” (Laughing) “I mean it seems we have covered all the bases, so let’s go down to city hall and make it official! Blank stares on both our parts and then we both busted out laughing. “Kataya, you seem to be a wonderful woman and I am baffled how you are still single.” “Ron, I could ask the same question.” “Well, I know we live in freakish times, but I would love to continue our conversation if you are up for it?” Now, In the back of my mind I thought, okay is he going to cut me up into little pieces and put me on a grill, but in a weird way I felt comfortable with him. His smile was a big part of it, but after our long conversation I felt at ease with Ron and decided to go for the ride.

            “I never thought that my night planned for drinks with co-workers would end up watching the sun come up on the bridge overlooking the park with a stranger?” “Well, it seems I am not a stranger anymore since you have spent the night with me.” We both busted out laughing again and he drew me in closer to that pretty smile and our lips touched to feel the warmth of our souls. At this point not only did everything go silent and stand still, but I lost myself and found him.

            “I really need to go home and act like I have a home”, “But why Kataya? You have everything that you need here which is pretty much me.” And Ron was not lying. Since that Friday night I had not left his sight or arms. It was Sunday night and I had not been home, hadn’t returned any phone calls, and lost my whole Sunday routine woman. “Ron, I have had the best weekend in my life and the crazy part is that I have never done this before and probably would have never done it, but I have go to go home and wear clothes again. Ron slang that Colgate smile at me again and I tingled all over forgetting my point to even leaving.

            “Babe, I am headed to work, so call me when you get off so that I can tell you where we are going to meet for dinner.” Ron said, from the front door. “No problem babe, I should get off around 4:30. We are meeting at that new dive bar right?” “Yes sweetheart and come dressed to impress as you always do!” This was literally day seven of this whirlwind and I was still spinning. Ron and I had spent every minute of every hour for the past week. I don’t even know how we fit work in there. This man had mesmerized me and diluted any premonitions I had about not believing in love at first sight. Was this real? Could this happen? Ron amazed me on how much we had in common and the things he believes in. We were both in the same industry and had some of the same hobbies. Does God really move this fast?”

            As I entered the restaurant I looked through the crowd to try and find Ron, but didn’t see him. Finally, I saw the back of him and I headed his way. As I reached the table I saw a couple already there and wondered why he didn’t mention that we were meeting his friends for dinner. As I stepped up to the table Ron stood up “Kataya, I would like you to meet my parents Lillian and Bill Mowry………My face must have turned ghostly. I thought in the back of my head, What the HELL!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment