Activity Feed

Monday, February 13, 2012

He Said...Part Three

Question: How do you fix what you've messed up?

I lay here in complete silence...

Staring at the ceiling, I watch as shadows dance on my walls from the cars passing. I look over and there is a glow from my phone but it’s not her, the battery just completed its charge. It feels like it has been months since I've heard her voice but it’s actually only been two weeks. The pain is still fresh and I try to drift off to sleep.

Damn...

I miss her- everything about her from the tip of her nose to the way she smiles. I squeeze my pillow tighter and take a deep breath, just hoping I can still smell her. She has this aromatic scent when she enters and leaves a room. This has always brought a smile to my face. I miss the way she would look up at me with her beautiful brown eyes. The relationship although a whirlwind was filled with romantic nights, day trips, engaging conversations, fun-filled laughs, tear-filled confessions and most importantly, love.

Shhhit...

The memories flood my subconscious. A knot begins to form in my throat, my mind races. I sit and think what can I do to fix this? The answer is nothing. In that moment, I can hardly breathe. The irony is that I know how to help everyone else, but I can't help myself. Advice is my specialty. I want to accept this situation but I can't. I want to fix it, like yesterday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment