Activity Feed

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

He Said...

Question: What do you do when the woman you love is in love with someone else?
"I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough." - The Notebook

Things were going so well, or so I thought... if that were really the case then I wouldn't have this pain in my chest, tightness in my throat and my stomach feeling completely nauseous.... She dropped by my place tonight and what was initially supposed to be a romantic evening turned really bad really fast...

Halfway through our night I became overwhelmed by my appreciation for her that I grabbed her by the hand and promised that I would do everything in my power to make her happy for the rest of her life. Immediately after that she looked away..

When she turned back to me her face was wet and her eyes were filled with tears as they began to trickle down her cheeks and I knew that something was wrong. She didn't have the heart to tell me... but it was clear she was still in love with her ex....

Damn...

She didn't speak and I couldn't think of anything to say except... did I do something wrong? She told me no... that she was confused.... but one thing she knew for certain was that no man has ever come close to treating her as well as I could.... still she couldn't ignore her heart’s gravitational pull towards him and their shared experiences. She finally spoke and told me everything...

How am I supposed to pick up the pieces after this one ... My mother told me days like this were bound to come, but I didn't expect it to get this bad and hurt so much..

I need a drink...
If you don't mind I need some time to figure out how to begin to start over ...

Side note: Time went by, I healed and we remained friends... shortly after she was ready start the relationship again but at that time I was taking my time to reevaluate my life and how she impacted my heart... My trust in not only her but myself... Could this relationship ever work? Should I give this another shot? So I finally came to the conclusion that people make mistakes and I was ready. I forgave her a long time ago but I finally moved past the past so lesson learned. I wish I could say this story had a happy ending but life is not a fairytale , at least not yet anyway...

So I ended up ending that relationship and confronting myself with the actualization that I might have been searching for something that wasn’t meant for me. I took an intense look inward


0 comments:

Post a Comment